I turned 39 this past Wednesday - yes, I'll proudly say my age. I'm not 40 yet, right?
I might start lying then.
It was a busy day, with one thing after another, trying to get ready to celebrate my birthday and head over to church so everyone could go to various activities and meetings (even Logan went to a meeting with Robert).
I saw a recipe in a magazine for a raspberry-lemon hydrangea cake. It looked too good to pass up and I made it for my birthday cake.
I had the wrong frosting tip, so it didn't look like the picture exactly, but you can tell they are flowers and it tasted wonderful.
I might start lying then.
It was a busy day, with one thing after another, trying to get ready to celebrate my birthday and head over to church so everyone could go to various activities and meetings (even Logan went to a meeting with Robert).
I saw a recipe in a magazine for a raspberry-lemon hydrangea cake. It looked too good to pass up and I made it for my birthday cake.
I had the wrong frosting tip, so it didn't look like the picture exactly, but you can tell they are flowers and it tasted wonderful.
I love fresh flowers and was excited to get some from my parents.So beautiful to look at and to smell.
After dinner was cake and ice cream and opening presents. Robert had taken the boys out shopping the day before. And they excitedly wrapped up my gifts with Alyssa. I had to keep stopping Logan from trying to spill the beans!The boys wanted to get me a big Heroica set (the new Lego craze in our house), but Robert steered then to the Banana Balance game I told him about.
Can you tell how excited Logan is that they gave me Legos for my birthday?!
I also got a big box of my favorite candy, a Little Red Riding Hood book I had been looking forward to coming out, the Wicked soundtrack (from a good friend), and a gift certificate for a 1 hour massage from Robert.I love all the cards and phone calls from friends and family.
The girls were fighting over who got to open the Wicked CD and the boys fighting over who opened the Lego game. A sure sign of great gifts! We played a quick game before going to church - a fun game.
Happy birthday to me! and many more 39th birthdays to come - or am I suppose to be saying 29th still?
2 comments:
I keep forgetting that I missed your "facebook" birthday. I have been meaning to tell you happy birthday and that I'm so glad you wanted rain on your birthday, because it was a beautiful day. :)
Gotta love those legos. Also, that cake is beautiful! I'm sure it tasted even better than it looks.
Happy Birthday!
Post a Comment