The Cub Scouts' Blue & Gold banquet was coming up and I had a spurt of creativity. Our den was in charge of desserts and I remembered a decorating technique called "frozen buttercream transfer." I thought it would be a great way to decorate some sugar cookies to bring to the Blue & Gold.
I was quickly reminded that I should test out a new technique before wanting it to look good for a party or event. I had done this before for Jake's birthday cake last year, scroll down to the cake - but will probably still forget next time.
With a few trials and errors (all needing to be included in what I brought), the cookies turned out pretty good.
And when something tastes really good, you can get away with some mess-ups (I kept the really bad ones at home!).
I got all the awards/badges ready for the cub scouts in my den. They have all earned their Wolf badge!
I'm so excited for all of them.
We had a great time
with pizza for dinner,
skits,
and singing.
Here are the Wolf and Bear dens in our pack with myself and the Bear den leader.
We have great scouts and I can't wait to continue having fun with them.
With a few trials and errors (all needing to be included in what I brought), the cookies turned out pretty good.
And when something tastes really good, you can get away with some mess-ups (I kept the really bad ones at home!).I got all the awards/badges ready for the cub scouts in my den. They have all earned their Wolf badge!
I'm so excited for all of them.
We had a great time
1 comment:
Very fun night, and I loved the cookies...so creative!!
Post a Comment