Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Winding Down Summer

School starts tomorrow! We meet teachers this afternoon!
We've been making the most of every moment of the end of our summer. Here's what we've done since the reunion - in no particular order.
There have been HOURS of Lego building. Jake has been working on all his creations!
We went to the end of the summer party at the library, for their summer reading program. Alyssa was volunteering and I didn't now what was planned. 
How COOL that they had Star Wars characters there walking around the library!
Logan loved seeing them, but was so nervous. I had to sneak a picture with him. After a few minutes trying to convince him to stand with them for a picture and him clinging to me for dear life I told him it was ok and I'd take him back to play on the computers. I took the way the led right by Commander Cody and I'd say Captain Rex, but the blue on his helmet is different.
Natalie snapped the shot. I'm glad he put on a smile while he was choking me!
Natalie needed a friend in the picture, but with that support had not problem asking to hold the gun. She was surprised at how heavy it was.
(So with the hand, the clone trooper could be Echo, but his helmet is still off)
There was also a Jedi and Stormtrooper there. Jake was at a camp out with Robert and missed the fun.
We went to the Fernbank Science Museum. Alyssa hadn't been to the Scoop On Poop exhibit. 
 
We brought a friend of Logan's with us and had a great time.
With the bubble table,
making silly faces,
making color shadows,
and exploring each exhibit. It never gets old!
Some dear friends, that had moved out of town a couple of years ago, stopped by to visit.
It was way to short to get our fill of them, but we'll take any time we get together!
We had our last cub scout activity of the summer - swimming at the river!
The boys had a great time!
We've gone shopping, watched movies, played with friends, gone swimming, and picked up some Sodapalooza here and there! 
The kids are excited for school and we'll have plenty of fun activities to participate in, but it's always a bit sad to see those summer days end.

No comments: