While one of the joys of summer is eating a piece of watermelon and have the juices run down your face, when you go for the cleaner, inside eating, diced watermelon option here's an idea I came up with to save the watermelon from sitting and getting over soggy in all the juices at the bottom of the bowl.
I don't know if many have the nifty metal veggie steamer you can put into your cooking pot to steam instead of boil vegetables, but if you have one or see one in the store, this is the perfect kitchen item to keep the watermelon from off the bottom of your bowl.
After opening the veggie steamer and putting it in the bowl (it's great at adjusting to large and small bowls), cut up the watermelon and dump it in!
The watermelon will stay perfect all the way to the end! Never sitting in watermelon juice at the bottom! No over juiced almost clear through pieces of watermelon at the bottom!
Maybe most haven't even thought about this, but soggy watermelon has never been a favorite of mine so I was so excited when I thought about this a couple of years ago.
Happy Summer! I love watermelon!
No comments:
Post a Comment