Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Logan's Friend Party

Logan had a busy few weeks, turning 8. Celebrating with family - getting baptized - and having a party with his friends.
After going through many ideas, he decided on a swim party at the river.
So he wanted swimming cake. I found a cool idea and then found out it was an ice cream cake.
 
I made it look like the river with the sand bar and rock. Logan added "tubes" and lego people as the swimmers and even one fishing.
 Swimming and ice cream cake were perfect for a hot summer Saturday.
 They swam and went up and down the river with the tubes.
 The water was perfect.
They hardly wanted to leave, but ice cream cake was a good lure. 
I think I want to do an ice cream cake for every birthday now. 
There was just time for gifts before the guests started going home. 
Each of Logan's friends know him so well and he loved each gift he received. 

No comments: