Soccer and cross-country have come to an end.
Logan had a great season - learning how to play on a bigger field (about 3 times bigger), have a goalie, actual positions, and real referees (not the coaches on the field). The previous small field could only hold the 4 players per side.
He had a great coach who was positive and encouraging.
Logan learned a couple of positions,
even goalie.
He looked so small in the goal,
but did great and had a lot of fun.
They had a fun season and Logan even decided he wants to be a ref when he gets older.
After a season of fun and making new friends,
he got his new favorite trophy.
Natalie had a great season. The picture below is Natalie kicking the ball (the darker jersey right at the light pole - the ball is the white dot near the defender, in gray, to the right) which ended up going into the goal!!
I had just taken out my camera and didn't have time to zoom, but I was excited to get the shot.
I had just taken out my camera and didn't have time to zoom, but I was excited to get the shot.
The girls in her bracket have been playing together for so long that the teams are very evenly split
and there were more ties than wins/losses, so it all came down to the single elimination tournament.
Each game was good and often a nail biter.
The first tournament game went to OT, then penalty kicks. Natalie scored the winning goal.
The finals were equally exciting, no OT needed this game with Natalie's team winning!!
Along with the end of soccer season, cross-country came to a close as well. I've already posted pictures and results from the state meet, so this might be a little anti-climatic, but Logan and I were able to watch Alyssa run at regionals.
It's a great course for spectators because you can stand in the middle and see almost the whole course.
Alyssa ran a really strong race.
Below is her at the top of the last hill - at least they end downhill.
She came in 4th!
With a really good time. As I mentioned in the post about the state meet (scroll down to the next entry if you haven't seen it yet), she is part of a really solid team. And the team made it to state.
It was a bit bitter-sweet to have her last high school cross-country season come to an end. She's had a great four years.
No comments:
Post a Comment