My camera is acting wacky, so not all the pictures are turning out, but I thought I would share a funny story.
Jake, in working on number recognition loves to call out the numbers he sees while we are driving: house numbers, highway signs, and especially speed limit signs. We were driving home from school and he said "Mom, did you see that one?" I said, "yes, a three and a five, thirty-five." He said, "no, the other one . . . " Since we had passed it and I had thrown out another number he couldn't remember the one he saw and got flustered trying to think of what it was. Finally he said, "Dang, mom, you need to pay attention to the signs!"
Laughing, I looked back at him and said, "did you just say 'dang'?" He thought a moment, smiled and said, "yes, I learned it from James (his cousin, to whom he credits all his learning). He says 'dang it', I just say 'dang'." Then he told me all the other things James taught him, including how to burp . . . and burped the rest of the way home! :)
2 comments:
That is too funny!
Roslyn,
Is there anyway I could get your new address. I'm trying to send out our updated information and I must have misplaced yours in our move. It sounds like things are fun and crazy at your house. Maybe that's just how things are in a family of six. I know it is at our house.
Post a Comment