Where did the holidays go! The girls went back to school today. After New Year's, and Robert went back to work, I thought I could get into a good routine for the rest of the school's vacation time, get the kids working on something . . . I guess I was enjoying to much the no-rush days and down time, especially after working through so many projects the week after Christmas. Last Saturday I looked back at the week and felt that it had been really LONG. It seemed the girls had been out of school for much longer than two weeks (and in a good way, actually). They played great together, read and played outside when the weather was nice (we had a cold front move through for a few days).
Natalie finally lost her top front tooth. Continual wiggling worked it out a few days ago. She went through two nights waking up in the morning glad she hadn't swallowed it in her sleep. She even ended up pulling it out herself! Having moved away from their Aunt Nysje (the best tooth puller, hands down) the girls will do anything to get their teeth out without me having to do it. And I'm OK with that. :)
I was glad that our church time switched to 9am, because it got us back in the swing of things for the school schedule. Of course I had planned for Friday and Saturday to be "back to schedule" days, but I wasn't ready yet. :) The boys slept in this morning until after the bus came and as we were running errands later that morning Jake asked where the girls were.
Well, earlier mornings call for earlier bed times and that includes me. I don't think I'll make it through the BCS National Championship Bowl Game!
No comments:
Post a Comment