Logan use to not even look twice at Jake's construction vehicles, until Jake wanted to watch his "Road Construction Ahead" DVD (to anyone with boys, this is a great DVD). Logan sat still on the floor, sitting on a couch pillow, not moving or speaking for the duration of the movie!! And let's just say that now it usually goes in during afternoon melt down time (his melt down, not mine!) and I can get dinner made and focus on homework with the girls. If you say, "do you want to watch the construction movie?" he knows just what you are talking about. When it is over he finds the closest person and pulls them to the TV so they can play it again for him. He found the container of construction vehicles and will line them up on the bottom step, or on a bench, or in his wagon and sit for and hour quietly playing with them. He is such a great last child! Definitely going for favorite - no points for afternoon melt downs, though.
We have had some beautiful days this past week and I've been out working in the yard - the seemingly never ending clearing of trees in the back. But I only have three more piles to move out to the burn pile. If Mother Nature works in our favor, we will have a burn day next Saturday when Robert has some time. Along with working hard in lab, Robert has started on a coffee table for the living room, and continues to work on hand mirrors as well.The girls get this coming Tuesday off . . . just one day . . . on Mardi Gras. I thought it was great growing up and getting the Jewish holidays off in September (I always thought we should get all of Hanukkah off as well, along with Christmas) but to get Mardi Gras off, well, that's cool! Today they are having some Mardi Gras activities. Robert, when he was in Atlanta at a chicken conference for work, got some Mardi Gras beads with chickens on them (I'll have to put in a picture later) - the girls wore them to school today :)
No comments:
Post a Comment