All my children have gone through a phase of being scared to be upstairs (or the basement) by themselves (even now, Natalie would still rather have someone with her). Jake is at the prime age and gets really upset if we suggest he goes upstairs, alone, to get or do something. When he is being super brave he will run fast and take an audible breath when he gets back downstairs.
With that preface, the weather has been beautiful and I have been opening all the windows during the day. We were in the living room the other day and one of the bedroom doors got blown shut. As soon as we hear the bang!, Jake immediately says: "see, mom, I told you so."
I didn't have to wonder what he was referring to - the ghosts he believes to be upstairs. I told him I had the windows open and forgot to prop the door and the wind blew it shut, it was just the wind. He didn't say anything, but I'm sure he was thinking, "yeah right mom, it was the ghosts."
No comments:
Post a Comment