Sunday, May 18, 2008

Chalk one up for Robert

For our last book club we read any biography or historical fiction about Napoleon and Josephine - a great idea to learn about a famous person/people and discuss them from the point of view of various authors.
It also so happened that the High Museum of Art in Atlanta had an exhibit from the Louvre, part of which was a collection of Napoleon and Josephine's things. A couple of other book club members and I went yesterday (the Napoleon/Josephine part of the Louvre exhibit ended today). Robert was fabulous in being willing to take the kids for morning, including running the girls to their soccer games (Alyssa's team won their first tournament game and play again Monday, but it was Natalie's last one). I had missed going to book club last Thursday and discussing the book I read - the girls had their school play that night and Robert had to work late. So, it was great going to the exhibit and learning more about Napoleon and Josephine's love of antiquities and seeing pieces they had in their home. I even donned the head set and listened to the walking tour's information about the exhibit and history.
Chalk one up for Robert!

No comments: