

Jake turned 5!! last week. We had his birthday party on his birthday - I love the summer birthdays when you can do that and not end up with multiple parties. After a year of planning (that would be Jake who was doing the planning) and moving from one birthday theme to another and the guest count changing monthly (this was over a year remember) - at one point he said "mom, I want to invite an hundred people because there are a lot of toys I want" - he settled on a Hot Wheels boy party. I made a race car cake and the girls planned water games outside. It has been really hot, but the day of his birthday was the coolest of the week - still warm enough for water games. Robert rigged up a slip-n-slide down our hill and it was a favorite. True to his young at heart personality, Robert got right in there and became the target of a water fight - I think that is also a result of his Beckstead upbringing where water fights would arise suddenly out of almost any situation.
Jake told me he had the best time and loved all his presents (we did not invite 100 people). He is now beginning to plan his party for next year.
Jake told me he had the best time and loved all his presents (we did not invite 100 people). He is now beginning to plan his party for next year.


1 comment:
Great Cake! You always did make the best cakes...just ask Michael and Alyssa! I wish I could find that old picture of them devouring the cake you made while we were in the other room doing visiting teaching. So funny!
Post a Comment