Friday, April 17, 2009

Easter

The day before Easter we went to our friend's house for an Easter Egg Hunt. Dana and her daughter do a fabulous job (and I don't have to think about it). The kids love going.
Last year Logan had his own little spot where only he could look (he is the youngest egg hunter). This year he joined in with the others and really got the hang of it.


At the end there were prizes for the most and second most eggs found. Alyssa got second. Natalie said she could have gotten more but her basket was too small and she should have used a bag. Last year they really wanted their baskets, instead of bags, but now we know which one is the better egg collector when a prize is on the line!
We had a fun time - and it was a perfect day for it. Sunday morning, the kids looked for their baskets hidden in the house.
I let Logan sleep in, so he found his basket later. Still just as happy about finding it - and I was happy he slept in!
Along with goodies and a book from the Easter Bunny, we love focusing on the real reason we have Easter (the goodies are just an extra).
I know that Christ came to earth, suffered and died for me and each one of us. His perfect love for me gives me the opportunity to repent, be resurrected and be with Him again. The atonement brings me hope and peace and the knowledge that He KNOWS my pains and struggles and is there to guide me and teach me and forgive.
The weekend before Easter was the General Conference for my church and we got to hear the inspired words of living apostles and prophets who speak God's will today. I love it when Conference is on Easter, but the week before is a great way to get ready for Easter Day.
The link below is for a wonderful Easter message about the Savior by Elder Jeffery R. Holland.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpFhS0dAduc

p.s. Sorry this is a little late in posting and I didn't get the actual video of Elder Holland's talk, ON the blog, like I wanted to (I tried but needed a bit more computer savviness than I have). But I hope you all had a happy Easter last week.

No comments: