Sunday, January 23, 2011

Thoughts About Dinner

I've had a bout of not knowing what to make for dinner lately. Actually it happens quite regularly.
Asking for suggestions from the family haven't got me very far.
Last week I actually had a creative dinner spurt and came up with these:
Alyssa wanted chicken potpie - she really meant shepherd pie (which I've never had a good one of and wasn't going to make).
I dug the ramekins I bought a year ago, for making lava cake that never got made, out of the back of the cupboard and made individual potpies.The kids loved it!
Except Logan who dug into it and then said "I don't love it!"The recipe made enough that I froze half and have a great meal in the future!
Robert has been in the mood for Thai and in looking through my little Thai cookbook found a recipe for spring rolls.
Although there was a bit of chopping, it was pretty quick and easy.
A bag of saffron rice that I had in the basement and Jake cleaned his plate!
Logan even liked this one!
Of course this could be the end of my creativity when it comes to dinner.
Good thing we have leftovers.

3 comments:

The Mixes said...

Yum! You're making me hungry.

the fowlers said...

mmm. maybe i'll have to turn on my creativeness this week. you're making it look so easy!

Shannon said...

Those dinners look yummy! You should post your recipes. I've been doing my fair share of cooking lately too. I collect cookbooks and cooking magazines but rarely try anything new. I've been forcing myself to make at least 2 or 3 new recipes a week and it has been so fun trying new things. The kids don't like being my guinea pigs though.