The 4th of July is pretty low-key around here.
We got a watermelon that didn't want to get eaten (thank you Natalie for hearing Walter), but we ate it anyway.
We went swimming in the river and had hot dogs for dinner.
I made a great Pavlova with berries for our festive dessert.
We read the Declaration of Independence and watched our favorite Declaration of Independence music video. And in the spirit of the day found a great video about Women's Suffrage.
While I like fireworks, I don't like the crowds and super late night that 4th of July fireworks bring.
So, we got our on little pack that was just right for me.
Here is our rockin' finale (if Natalie had filmed it so you couldn't see the little box, the video would have looked like it was a really rockin' finale!).
We lit sparklers and
We lit sparklers and
then went in to blow up and play with some cool light-up balloons.
It was a fun and relaxing day.
We are grateful for this wonderful country in which live and for all that was done to give us the freedoms we enjoy today.




No comments:
Post a Comment