Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Happy Late New Year!

For New Year's Eve we went to our friend's house to eat, play games and ring in the New Year. I, however, did not make it to midnight. I left early with Logan so I could wake up at 4:00am! to make it to the airport for my flight to Utah.
(Logan got me up a little earlier by waking up at 3:30am and by the time he was settled and asleep again it was 10 min before my alarm!)(Sam and Christine Earl)
Yes, I left the family and went to my sister's wedding! It was a wonderful, and COLD, three days. My in-laws picked me up from the airport and I got to spend most of Thursday visiting with them, Don, Nysje and James stopped by as well. I loved having them all to myself! That evening the wedding festivities began with a family dinner. It was great meeting Sam's family and I know that Christine will have so much fun with them as in-laws. The next day was the wedding and reception. A beautiful time and I'm so glad I could share it with them.It started snowing that evening and while beautiful, I'm glad I live in Georgia. Jake, on the other hand - when I told him I was flying to UT - started planning our trip out there next Christmas so we can play in the snow with cousins. It was fun to spend time with family, stay up until 1am chatting, and sleep in a bit. I was happily exahusted when I got home and have been trying to catch up since (hence the delay in this post). Robert held down the fort, Alyssa woke up with a cold the morning I left and wasn't up to helping as much as normal. But they survived - even Logan, who I didn't talk to for 1 1/2 days because I didn't want him to get upset that I wasn't there. When he WAS upset I wasn't there I talked with him on the phone and he laughed and loved hearing my voice. The kids are now back in school and we are pretty much back to a regular schedule, so . . .
Happy New Year Everyone!
and Congratulations Sam & Christine!

1 comment:

Jen said...

I'm sooo glad you could be at your sister's wedding and they look like a smashing couple! How fun. I bet your kids missed you!