Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Small Town Spoiled

The kids take the bus to school, so I rarely have to be out of the house before 9 or 10 in the morning. This morning we were going with Alyssa to a before school breakfast (see post below) and I laughed at myself when I told her I hadn't driven in morning "traffic" for a while. I laughed because morning "traffic" meant I saw more than three cars ahead of me, although we were still going at posted speeds.
It did take me a few months to get use to driving 10 minutes or more to get to anything (I have to drive 5 miles down the road, in either direction, before getting to non-residential areas), but I'm now spoiled to the lack of traffic and most of my speed limits being 45mph or more (going 35mph seems really slow to me).
Coming back from the breakfast put me in my normal "traffic" situation.
Take a look out my window . . .
the 55mph road to my neighborhood (if I go out the other way it is 50mph),
oh there are cars coming the other direction!

this is a cool little shack right before you get to my neighborhood, there is also a windmill next to it and Jake knows that is the #4 windmill from Watkinsville center, meaning we are almost home.

2 comments:

Jimmy & Amy said...

Wow. I didn't realize how much in the country to actually live! You've definitely gone from New York City Girl to Georgia Country Girl!

Jen said...

Beautiful pictures and I'm envious at the lack of traffic! It takes me 15-20 minutes to go four miles just to get to the freeway from our home--and that's in good traffic! I much prefer the countryside! Glad you could have a wonderful breakfast with your child.