Yesterday we went the the Scottish Heritage Festival in Athens. We didn't do anything during the Christmas break because someone was always sick, so I'm glad I heard about this and we could all go. For a drizzly morning, it was a perfect activity. They had crafts for the kids (we had them each pick one to do) . . .
Natalie made a bag (later Alyssa and I went and got fabric and she made a bag at home) . . . . Alyssa and Jake made drums.
Throughout the day they had events like the bagpipes, dancing, story telling, parade of tartans, etc. Upstairs they had different clans at tables, their tartan on display and information about their history.They had a weaving demonstration and the kids thought the loom was really cool. They even had a small loom that Natalie and Jake tried out.
The kids loved the bagpipes at the Christmas parade last month, so I knew this would be a favorite. We did miss the "bonniest knee" competition, but Robert wasn't wearing his kilt.





3 comments:
ooh, those playdays are rare! Glad you made the most of it!
AWESOME! What a fun and exciting trip. You all look like you had a great time. I'm glad you took the time to go. Do you descend from Scotts?
Ohhh, that looks like a ton of fun!!
I want to see more pic's of your house...come on! I love your house!
Post a Comment