The aquarium in Atlanta is billed as the "world's largest aquarium. " We got bounce back passes from some friends, so I took the kids there when they were off for President's Day. We headed out early and got there right when it opened. We had the touch pool, with sting rays and sharks, pretty much to ourselves.
My nephew sent us Flat Stanley, so we took him to the aquarium with us. We were at the big wall, that's what I call it and there is a picture of it later, and I had Natalie hold up Flat Stanley for a picture. A man sitting behind me started laughing and said "is that Flat Stanley?" "Yes," I said, "all the way from Arizona!"
Logan was amazed at everything and would just stand with his face up to every glass. He would have spent his whole time at the first exhibit if we didn't move him along. The beluga whales were one of his favorites.
The big tunnel under the water was a favorite of everyone and we went through it a couple of times. They have a slow moving sidewalk that you can stand on and watch what is above and around you without having to try and physically walk as well.
At the end of the tunnel there is a room with a huge wall (as big as an IMAX screen). We were there when they were feeding the fish and stayed to watch them feed the whale sharks.
The jellyfish are always cool (when you're not actually in water with them!). Alyssa took some great pictures.
We got a chance to see everything and some things twice. The last half hour was spent at a more crowded touch pool - I'm glad we got there early and saw most of the exhibits before there were a TON of people. Logan, when he couldn't touch the sting rays started splashing them, then started getting cranky. After 3 hours Logan hit meltdown and it was time to go. Everyone had a fabulous time. A very fun day!

4 comments:
Love the pictures, what a fun place to take your kids, glad you had fun!
Oh, I wish I could have gone.... it looks like the kids loved it! Maybe next time!
Oh what COOL pictures!! You guys are always doing such fun stuff--that Stanley is lucky he got to visit you!! =)
ya'll got some really great pictures and looks like ya'll had a blast! :)
Post a Comment