Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Crazy Boys

Jake:
Last Sunday Jake asked what day it was. His eyes lit up when I told him February 1st. "Mom! It isn't January anymore! Can we go swimming in the river?!" I tried to explain that a mild day might feel nice but the water was still really cold and we would have to wait until the water gets warmer.
In a way I'm glad we had a cold front move through - that is a better reason to wait to go swimming than your mom saying the water is too cold!
Logan:
We had to move Jake into the spare bedroom because Logan has some odd sleeping habits lately.
He has to have both blankets (you can see the green one in the picture, the blue one is underneath him), Pooh Bear, and Horse (he sleeps on top of this pile) . . . lights ON . . . and music playing. If ever I turn the lights off after he is asleep and he wakes up, he starts calling out "lights ON! LIGHTS ON!" I can turn on the lights, sometimes needing to turn the music back on, and he will lay down and go back to sleep without a problem.
I've come to just leaving the lights on all night and, unless he has a bad dream, he will sleep the night. I've gone in sometimes and he has pulled the blankets up over his head.

OK, Jake just got home from school and I have to add this because it made me laugh:
I sign a daily behavior chart for him. He usually tells me what he got when he comes in: an "E", "S+", "S". Today he came in and said, "Mom, I got an S+. You need to tell me all the school rules. I know that no kissing is a school rule." I asked if he got a check kissing someone! He said no, but for not following a school rule. The note on his behavior chart said he got a check for "blowing crumbs across table onto floor at lunch (after repeated warnings)." I don't think I know all the "lunchroom rules." :)
The note continued and said that: other than that, his day was great and other teachers said how wonderfully behaved he was when he was in other classrooms for activities. :)

Cute, but crazy boys!

No comments: