Friday, November 13, 2009

For over 11 years . . . .

I am not a big shoe person, they do not take up more room in my closet than my clothes. Robert might even have more shoes than I do. I have enjoyed a cute dressy sandal at an amazing sale price,
but I do LOVE my Danskos . Besides sneakers (when I'm doing something physically active) and shoes for church, my Danskos are about all I wear.
I now have to say good-bye to my favorite pair.
After more than 11 years of my feet loving them, a split has come between us.
I was in denial for quite some time and thought of ways to glue it back together (I'll probably still try that). But our time together is over. I haven't been able to bring myself to wear them once I notice the split was across the whole shoe. But don't know if I could ever bring myself to throwing them away.
Robert introduced me to Danskos when we were in Houston. These were my second purchase and my favorite. Living in Houston and now Georgia, with longer mild weather, these shoes were worn plenty. You could even see me in UT, during the middle of winter, running errands with these on (and socks). Even if I did get them mended, their days are numbered.
It's been a great time together.
Good thing I have 3 other pairs! although none are sandals.
I'll have to start saving for another pair.


3 comments:

Rachel Mix said...

I remember when we would visit in Utah and you would have those shoes.

carrie said...

I remember when you bought those! Has it really been 11 years?? time flies when you're old :)

MommaG said...

Oh, NO!!!! Dead Danskos? That's the worst. You should try Abadaba shoes in ATL. They always have a clearance section with pretty good prices. It's just about the only place I buy mine.