This is a bit late in posting, seeing as soccer season was over at the end of October.
To be honest I was just glad it was over.
I even had to have the kids get their jerseys out of their drawers and put them on for a picture of them all together.
I'm glad the kids play and they enjoy every season (well, Jake was a different story this season). I am always willing to shuttle them around to practices and cheer on at games (a little too loudly according to Natalie). But, this season was exhausting.
I've posted Natalie and Jake's games before, but none of Alyssa. That's because she and Jake played at the same time or her games were at night (not great lighting for taking pictures), that and her field being larger than the capacity of my camera and . . . few good pictures. Days that I did bring my camera where often rainy as well (a couple of cold and rainy game days).
I even had to have the kids get their jerseys out of their drawers and put them on for a picture of them all together.
I'm glad the kids play and they enjoy every season (well, Jake was a different story this season). I am always willing to shuttle them around to practices and cheer on at games (a little too loudly according to Natalie). But, this season was exhausting.I've posted Natalie and Jake's games before, but none of Alyssa. That's because she and Jake played at the same time or her games were at night (not great lighting for taking pictures), that and her field being larger than the capacity of my camera and . . . few good pictures. Days that I did bring my camera where often rainy as well (a couple of cold and rainy game days).

That's her (#4 - in orange) following in her ball for a goal.
Her team did really well this season only losing twice and tying once to the same team. It placed them in second going into the tournament. And making it to finals put them up against that team they hadn't beaten yet. In the third quarter, her team up 1-0, the field lights went out. The rec. department had forgotten to reset the timer clock after day light savings (the day before). The referee was really nice to let them play the full game instead of running the clock when the lights went out. It did make for a nail bitter - we needed to just run the clock out! The girls held them and won 1st place for their age division! Finally beating the other team - in the only game that really mattered.
Later that week, Alyssa's team got together for a party and to get their trophies. Here is Alyssa with her coach.
Natalie had a lot of fun with her team this season - she always does. Her team did great. Going undefeated!
Jake had a fun team this past season. Too bad he didn't go with the best of attitudes for practices and games. I was even wondering if we should have him play in the spring. Then Robert and I remembered that Natalie went through a season like this too, so, we'll have him play again and see how it goes. It was so unlike all the other seasons he had played, where he was scoring multiple goals, staying with the ball, getting in the glob of players that move as one with the ball - in that age group. Next season.For most of the season I was even tempted to not have any of them play soccer in the spring, but I think with the break over the winter I'll be ready for soccer again!

1 comment:
I'm glad you had fun! Brandon and Josh love soccer, and playing it has been a good experience for them.
Post a Comment