I've had a couple of great buys this last week and so we've been doing some rearranging.
Our couch, a much appreciated hand-me-down from Robert's parents, finally got thread bear enough to wear through on one armrest.
In thinking about reupholstering it, I was driving by an antique/barnyard sale here in town and saw a couple of couches. I stopped, just to see what the prices were, and couldn't pass them up.
They are in great condition, a style that both Robert and I like, and only $145 for both of them!
They looked so nice in the living room, but thinking of how hard the kids are on our couch, thought we'd put them in the front room and still get the old couch reupholstered.
We put the piano against the other wall and moved out the bookshelf.
Now we have a nice little sitting room.
Funny that Robert moved that couch a bit to center it under the tapestry - I obviously had it centered before (I'll have to move that back over a bit).
Sorry the color is off on this one, taking the picture into the windows and afternoon sun put the whole room into a dark shadow.
We still need to move the picture of Christ overlooking Jerusalem and hang my peacock cross-stitch, and make some other changes.
And, I'll be repainting as soon as I choose a color (yeah!! I've never really liked the color in the room or the boarder wallpaper at the top, the room is originally a formal dinning room that we never used in that way).
But we are already enjoying our sitting room and are now motivated to finish the room and do some other rearranging in the house.
It's been three years, we needed to scratch that itch sometime!
Our couch, a much appreciated hand-me-down from Robert's parents, finally got thread bear enough to wear through on one armrest.
In thinking about reupholstering it, I was driving by an antique/barnyard sale here in town and saw a couple of couches. I stopped, just to see what the prices were, and couldn't pass them up.
They are in great condition, a style that both Robert and I like, and only $145 for both of them!
They looked so nice in the living room, but thinking of how hard the kids are on our couch, thought we'd put them in the front room and still get the old couch reupholstered.
We put the piano against the other wall and moved out the bookshelf.
Now we have a nice little sitting room.
Funny that Robert moved that couch a bit to center it under the tapestry - I obviously had it centered before (I'll have to move that back over a bit).
Sorry the color is off on this one, taking the picture into the windows and afternoon sun put the whole room into a dark shadow.
We still need to move the picture of Christ overlooking Jerusalem and hang my peacock cross-stitch, and make some other changes.
And, I'll be repainting as soon as I choose a color (yeah!! I've never really liked the color in the room or the boarder wallpaper at the top, the room is originally a formal dinning room that we never used in that way).But we are already enjoying our sitting room and are now motivated to finish the room and do some other rearranging in the house.
It's been three years, we needed to scratch that itch sometime!
3 comments:
looks great! I hope Casey starts scratching soon!
I love it! Looks awesome and glad Avery's scribbles aren't still on that wall!!!
Fabulous find! Your room looks great. I can't wait until you pick a colr. Then will you come paint at my house?
Post a Comment