Logan has long been attached to his blue blanket (or "meme" as he calls it).
He carries it most everywhere we go and it is always quite amazing if he says he's leaving it at home or in the car.
When he gets tired, he rubs the silky edge in between his fingers
until he is asleep.
Interestingly, Alyssa had (and still does) a yellow "tassel" blanket when she was little - it had a couple of ties on it that hadn't been trimmed down (so they were long) and she would twist these in her fingers until she was asleep.
We also have a green and a yellow blanket that has the silky side and edge and fleece side, but Logan needs his "blue meme." Even in the dark he can tell if you've tried to trick him with one of the other blankets (I usually wash it when he's sleeping - if I have to wash it when he's awake, he'll take it damp out of the washing machine, not letting me put it in the dryer).
Aaah, a boy and his blanket!
He carries it most everywhere we go and it is always quite amazing if he says he's leaving it at home or in the car.
When he gets tired, he rubs the silky edge in between his fingers
until he is asleep.
Interestingly, Alyssa had (and still does) a yellow "tassel" blanket when she was little - it had a couple of ties on it that hadn't been trimmed down (so they were long) and she would twist these in her fingers until she was asleep.We also have a green and a yellow blanket that has the silky side and edge and fleece side, but Logan needs his "blue meme." Even in the dark he can tell if you've tried to trick him with one of the other blankets (I usually wash it when he's sleeping - if I have to wash it when he's awake, he'll take it damp out of the washing machine, not letting me put it in the dryer).
Aaah, a boy and his blanket!
1 comment:
All my boys but Keaton (#3) had blue blankets with satin trim. I made them, and I would make several and try to keep them in a rotation so that they were interchangeable, but the boys usually did attach to one special one. Colton still has his "augy" and loves to rub a certain spot where the stitching has come undone. I'm sure I'll do a blog post about it one day :)
Post a Comment