Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Bribery

So, it was time for Logan to sleep the night in his own bed - especially after a week of waking up multiple times and coming in bed with me (he is a teeth grinder).
I set up a "deal" - if he could sleep the night in his own bed for a week, he could get a Lego set!
The first couple of nights, when he would wake up, he would cry and tell me he didn't want a Lego set.
Then he woke up and came into my room and asked if I could put him back to bed. When I laid him down and tucked him in, he said "Thank you, mom. Good night."
The rest of the week he didn't wake up once!
He started counting down the days to the Lego set.
He picked an Atlantis one.


It has continued to work, as he has slept the night in his bed since (I'm crossing my fingers and hoping I'm not speaking too soon).
I LOVE Lego bribes! They always work.

No comments: