Halloween couldn't come soon enough in this household. Everyone knew what they wanted to be. With a week to go I really needed to get out and find those costumes (we already had Alyssa's made, from a theme party a few months ago).
Alyssa went as a Fate - complete with scissors ready to snipe your life line if you messed with her.
Alyssa went as a Fate - complete with scissors ready to snipe your life line if you messed with her.After toting around the boys to 4 different stores, we finally ended up at Target. We found exactly what everyone wanted. And they were on sale!
I had told Natalie that I had never seen a half angel/half devil costume (what she really wanted to be) and she'd better think of something else. She came up with two other options - both of which I didn't see at any store. Then, pushing the cart down the Halloween aisle at Target, Jake said "Look!" and there it was - half angel/half devil!
Star Wars has been the focus of the boys this last year and they were thrilled to find costumes.
Logan didn't even mind wearing the Darth Vader mask.
And with the costumes on sale and the $10 gift card I got by getting my flu shot there, I added the light sabers that lit up.
Above, Logan is posing with the light saber being used as a gun.
And below both light sabers are in action!
Before we went trick-or-treating, the neighborhood had a pot-luck dinner and get together. It was great meeting more of our neighbors and chatting with the ones we already know. It was fun to see them again as we went trick-or-treating to their houses.
Logan loved running from house to house and usually remembered to say thank you before checking out what he got and exclaiming "mom, it's my favorite!"
His word of the evening was "freaky." Which was used to refer to each decorated house.
He walked to whole time, even up the hill.
He was perfectly ok when it came time to go home and was excited to become the person who got to hand out the candy. At every noise he ran onto the porch to see if someone was coming.
He even picked out candy to give Jake and Natalie when they got home.
Here he is putting the candy he set aside for Natalie into her bag.
The next morning, when Logan woke up, he asked if we could get candy from people's houses again. When I told him no, that Halloween was over, he cried and wanted it to be Halloween again. But then he was ok when he remembered he had a bucket full of candy to eat.
Happy Halloween!
I had told Natalie that I had never seen a half angel/half devil costume (what she really wanted to be) and she'd better think of something else. She came up with two other options - both of which I didn't see at any store. Then, pushing the cart down the Halloween aisle at Target, Jake said "Look!" and there it was - half angel/half devil!
Star Wars has been the focus of the boys this last year and they were thrilled to find costumes.Logan didn't even mind wearing the Darth Vader mask.
And with the costumes on sale and the $10 gift card I got by getting my flu shot there, I added the light sabers that lit up.
Above, Logan is posing with the light saber being used as a gun.And below both light sabers are in action!
Before we went trick-or-treating, the neighborhood had a pot-luck dinner and get together. It was great meeting more of our neighbors and chatting with the ones we already know. It was fun to see them again as we went trick-or-treating to their houses.Logan loved running from house to house and usually remembered to say thank you before checking out what he got and exclaiming "mom, it's my favorite!"
His word of the evening was "freaky." Which was used to refer to each decorated house.He walked to whole time, even up the hill.
He was perfectly ok when it came time to go home and was excited to become the person who got to hand out the candy. At every noise he ran onto the porch to see if someone was coming.He even picked out candy to give Jake and Natalie when they got home.
Here he is putting the candy he set aside for Natalie into her bag.
The next morning, when Logan woke up, he asked if we could get candy from people's houses again. When I told him no, that Halloween was over, he cried and wanted it to be Halloween again. But then he was ok when he remembered he had a bucket full of candy to eat.Happy Halloween!
No comments:
Post a Comment