Thursday, November 4, 2010

It took 13 years, but . . . .

. . . Alyssa is finally a teenager!

Logan has been super excited for birthdays, and Alyssa's wasn't any different. In the background you can see the "Happy Birthday" poster we all draw/write on for the birthday person.
Alyssa came home off the school bus holding a bouquet of flowers. She had been called down the office during school to find them waiting for her. The card said, "Happy Birthday Alyssa, from your biggest fan" written in Robert's handwriting.
Natalie got mad because she said she was Alyssa's biggest fan and when Robert got home there was a discussion as to the definition of "biggest."
For her birthday dinner, Alyssa picked spiral ham, cornflake potato casserole, and Pillsbury Grands Flaky Layer rolls (I'm not offended, my homemade rolls have been lacking lately).For her cake, mint oreo with chocolate and mint chocolate chip ice cream cake (I put a layer of hot fudge topping as the middle). The picture below shows Natalie singing happy birthday to Alyssa (along with the rest of us, but we aren't in the picture).
It was really yummy!
Logan couldn't wait to open gifts, and when Alyssa got home, tattled on the only gift she didn't know that we were giving her. She enjoyed opening up gifts from her grandparents.The gift she didn't know about, until Logan spilled the beans, was the weighted blanket I made her - black and UGA pink.She also got the two books she wanted: a Thesaurus and her own copy of Preach My Gospel.
After the festivities she lounged out with her Thesaurus and blanket.
(please disregard the clean clothes on the floor and the vacuum)

I can't believe I have a teenager!
She's fabulous, so we think we'll keep her!

3 comments:

Joey Rachel Avery & Ansley said...

Happy Birthday Alyssa! You already know that if you ever decide you don't want her, we'll gladly take her!!! I mean what teenager asks for a Thesaurus and a copy of Preach My Gospel for her birthday?!?!? ONLY the best kid ever!!! Must have some great parents... Miss y'all LOTS!

ps Can I hire you to make my birthday cake? That looks yummy!

Jimmy & Amy said...

She is fabulous! Happy Birthday Alyssa!

MommaG said...

What a sweet dad! I'm impressed, Robert. :) And Alyssa, you're amazing! I am so impressed that you wanted your own copy of Preach My Gospel. Wow!