Friday, March 25, 2011

The MAN!

There has been this sweetgum tree in our back yard that I dislike greatly.

One, it's an eyesore - it was filled with poison ivy that Robert cut at the bottom, which caused the poison ivy vines to die, leaving half the tree looking dead (but it was really just the ivy).

Two, it's huge! and a sweetgum! with tons of prickly balls that get dropped and cover the backyard and path down into the woods and did I mention all the ugly looking dead poison ivy on a huge tree?!

Robert dropped it for me yesterday!
He rigged up a rope with a come-a-long so he could get it to fall in the right place. There was only one right place. Straight down the path. Anywhere else, something was going to get destroyed.

(Funny that I took the video sideways, I was just trying to get the full length of the tree in. So, tilt your head!)

He got it! Right down the path.
He even missed the compost!
He's the man!
And now I have a lot of clearing to do!

No comments: