Sunday, March 27, 2011

Spring!

I must confess that autumn has always been my favorite time of year, but I love spring!
I love that it is warm enough that I can work outside. I love getting my garden going and I get excited thinking about all the things I'm going to plant. I'm always so excited to get my garden going that I usually feel late in getting it going.
I was thrilled to see that my Japanese maple and weeping willow tree made it through the winter, after a rough summer, and that my blueberries are starting to fill in, and that my peas have poked up.Our strawberries have lots of flowers this year and we are looking forward to as many strawberries, if Izzy doesn't trample them.I bought a bunch of different tomato seeds (we LOVE tomatoes) and they now have their secondary leaves. We have yellow pear (my favorite), some basic varieties, and we're trying out some chocolate cherry tomatoes this year.
This next week or so is the big planting week and I need to get the rest of the plants we'll be growing.

Spring also means Alyssa has her spring chorus concert.
She was excited about the music they were singing.
Among the songs for the 8th grade chorus was one from "Legally Blonde: The Musical."During the song all their names were shown on the screen above, on "the list."
She had a lot of fun and it was great watching her.
From the picture above you can see that she is in the second row up and in between the second and third chair. It cuts off where my camera battery died.

Her Decatens group learned "Where is Love?" from Oliver and "Popular" from Wicked.
Here is a clip from their performance of "Popular."

We have had some colder day and some good storms and the pollen is out of control right now, but the weather is turning warmer and spring is here!

No comments: