The boys and I left right after school Friday to go to the baptism of Jake's friend. They moved to Tennessee about a month ago and we've missed them. We visited for a while Friday night before going to our hotel. The boys got to take a quick swim in the pool before heading to bed.
And a little time after to visit and go to lunch before heading back home.
Like I said it was a quick trip and we're glad they are close enough for quick trips. Next time we'll stay longer!
Both on the way there and on the way back there was some crazy rain in North Carolina. It had been a while since I was in that kind of downpour.
We passed under this bridge that the boys thought was so cool because it was up so high. We watched for it on the way home so we could take a picture.
The trip to Tennessee was quick because Saturday was also Robert's and my 18th Anniversary!
This is what 18 years will get you!
This is what 18 years will get you!
We celebrated with our children and some key lime pie. I got Robert a flip Belgian waffle maker that he's been wanting and he gave me a gorgeous butcher block he made.
Birthday . . .
The waffle maker came in handy the next day when Logan wanted waffles for his birthday dinner.
My baby turned 5 years old on Sunday!
Robert and I had gone out on Saturday and bought him a twin bed - he's finally out of the toddler bed that has been the crib or toddler bed for almost 14 years.
He asked for a Lego Power Miners cake, so I went with a cave, some dirt, some chocolate rocks, and rock candy. He loved it.
He asked for a Lego Power Miners cake, so I went with a cave, some dirt, some chocolate rocks, and rock candy. He loved it.
Natalie had wrapped her present in about 4 different layers of wrapping. After unwrapping two layers, Logan went for another gift and Natalie had to convince him to keep going, that there really was something under all that paper.
It was great sharing his birthday and cake and ice cream with friends also. Logan loved playing and running around with them.
He ran out of the kitchen shouting: "I'm so happy!"
I think that says it all.
Happy Birthday, Logan!
Whew! What a weekend!





No comments:
Post a Comment