Thursday, October 20, 2011

Second Havest Salad and a Crazy Driver

When the weather started cooling down, the tomatoes and bell peppers in the garden got a second wind.
My second planting of lettuce has taken off, minus the corner that Izzy keeps digging in, and we got to enjoy a fresh garden salad for dinner the other night.
The bush beans are flowering,
and even have some bean starting.
I'm excited to get in a second harvest this year. Last year I replanted when it was still too hot and the second planting didn't work out.
I think I'll have to look into the plants that I can do over the winter.

I mentioned a crazy driver in the title of this post.
Driving down the road toward town, the other day, we got behind an antique car with a bit of a surprise hanging out the trunk on the back.
Maybe more of a cool driver than a crazy driver.
We love it! and had a good laugh.

No comments: