Last year we celebrated Robert's birthday a day early - his last day of being 39.
This year we jumped right to 41 - skipping 40 completely.
I made a great (yes I'm bragging, it did turn out delicious) chocolate raspberry cake (substituting hot water with raspberry extract for the coffee). I got distracted when I was putting on the chocolate ganache and it cooled faster than I thought making it a bit lumpy (still yummy).
Sticking with a "39 again" theme I decorated the cake.
The game was to figure out the meaning of the candles.
Natalie got it in the first shot.
We love birthdays here - cake, gifts, and wishes.
Logan helped wrap the gifts and wrote Happy Birthdays (and his name) on each one.
A tool for his lathe, iTunes gift card, peanut m&ms, baseballs, and a Lego game (the boys have loved playing it).
We love Robert and all he does for us!
Happy Birthday!
This year we jumped right to 41 - skipping 40 completely.
I made a great (yes I'm bragging, it did turn out delicious) chocolate raspberry cake (substituting hot water with raspberry extract for the coffee). I got distracted when I was putting on the chocolate ganache and it cooled faster than I thought making it a bit lumpy (still yummy).
Sticking with a "39 again" theme I decorated the cake.The game was to figure out the meaning of the candles.
Natalie got it in the first shot.
We love birthdays here - cake, gifts, and wishes.
Logan helped wrap the gifts and wrote Happy Birthdays (and his name) on each one.
A tool for his lathe, iTunes gift card, peanut m&ms, baseballs, and a Lego game (the boys have loved playing it).We love Robert and all he does for us!
Happy Birthday!
1 comment:
We miss celebrating Birthdays will y'all!!!!!! Hope it was a great one and you can BRAG all you WANT about your baked goods-- Cause they are ALL DELICIOUS!!!!!
Post a Comment