Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Holiday Activities

December 1st couldn't come fast enough for Logan.
I had gotten Advent Calendars and Logan couldn't wait to open the first day and count down to Christmas.
November 30th, before going to bed, he cleaned off the kitchen table and set everyone's calendar in a spot.
He was up early - he was so excited - and ready to find and open the first door and eat the chocolate.
Then he couldn't wait for everyone else to open theirs as well.
Last Friday we had our Christmas Party at church.
A delicious dinner, crafts for the kids, the kids acting out the Nativity story (Jake was a wise man and Natalie held the star),
















chimes,
Alyssa is 5 in from the right.
and carols. It was a wonderful evening.
The next morning we went downtown for the Christmas Parade. We missed the tree lighting the night before, but the kids put their letters to Santa in the special mail box and we weren't going to miss the parade - except the girls who went to a friend's to celebrate her birthday.
I realized that I really like parades. I sit there waving like crazy at all the people passing by. I can't take enough pictures of the floats and dancing/music groups.
We love seeing our friends and yelling out hello to them.
A family we know always has some of its members walking on stilts and Natalie's friend is at the left end of the kick line.


















I love bagpipes.
I had to issue a NO "punch bug" policy when the VWs come through.
We love seeing the tractors,
and horses.
Santa on the fire engine always signals the end of the parade and a great start to a beautiful day.

No comments: