Merry Christmas Everyone!
And Happy New Year!
And Happy New Year!
We have had a busy year -
Alyssa (14) - Participate in the youth choir for the Atlanta Temple Re-Dedication this past spring, started high school this year (I'm in denial that I have a child in high school, I really don't feel that old), started early morning seminary (Robert wishes she wasn't old enough for that, he is the driver), ran cross-country and made varsity, and is learning how to juggle: classes - studying and projects, sports, church, friends, and family.
Natalie (11) - Can't wait to turn 12 in May, her team won the rec soccer tournament this past fall, she started middle school - sings in the middle school chorus, was elected to student council by her homeroom and does "Hall Smart" episodes as part of the daily announcements, and she reads every spare moment and even moments she doesn't have to spare.
Jacob (8) - Got baptized this past June, started cub scouts and is excited to have me as the den leader, played baseball for the first time this fall and loved every minute, loves being in 3rd grade but doesn't like PE, continues to increase his LEGO knowledge and building skills.
Logan (5) - Started kindergarten! he loves going to school and is friends with everyone, he loves finding sight words as we read books, sing in church, driving in the car or when looking over people shoulders at whatever they're reading, he still has to tag along to baseball and soccer games and chorus concerts, but plays every chance he gets - especially with his LEGOs.
Robert - continues to work hard at UGA teaching and researching. He'll go up for tenure in May and told me the other day that the next year will be crazy until after the summer (I heard this regularly, since graduate school. I take it with a grain of salt and just go with the flow). In his free moments he spends time with the family, fishes, and works on wood projects - benches, tables, etc.
Roslyn - I became an empty "day" nester when Logan started kindergarten this past August. It was actually more of an adjustment than I thought and I really had to learn how to pace myself with my "to-do" list instead of thinking I should be doing it all in one day, or in the first week after school started. I've kept busy with the yard, garden, and house projects. I find some time to cross-stitch, make time to read so I can keep up with book club, and added cub scout den meetings to my schedule. That was a bit crazy at first with soccer and baseball and cross-country filling every other evening but Friday. I've managed to keep my head on my shoulders, although the rest of the family might question the sanity of my mind.
We love this time of year when we catch up with friends and family. Our kitchen window fills pictures and cards and our inbox with emails - reminders of those who have touched and still touch our lives over the years.
We hope that as this year ends you find joy in your hearts, homes, and lives. We feel very grateful for the blessings we have received this year - even the ones that come through trials. We know the love our Heavenly Father has for us and for each of you. We are grateful for this knowledge and this Christmas season when we can think more particularly on the birth of our Savior and blessings we receive from His life on the earth.
May the coming year bring you continued joy and peace.
Love - The Becksteads
(the picture, a painting of us and our house, by local artist Jamie Calkin - who traded Robert for a bench, we love trading)

No comments:
Post a Comment