Saturday, June 2, 2012

The Scoop On Poop

 A couple of days ago we headed into Atlanta to visit Natural Science Museum. The new exhibit is "The Scoop on Poop," based on the book.
 There were a lot of interesting tidbits, including:
 The kids couldn't wait to see how long it would take an elephant to poop them out!



 We checked out all the cool things you can learn from an animal's waste, and even had a dung beetle race:
After checking out the new exhibit, we headed over to the Georgia exhibit.
This is how Logan likes to see deer. When they're alive they make him nervous.
In their Sensing Nature exhibit, there are all kinds of hands on activities dealing with light and sound.
The bubble table is a favorite!
Making double bubbles,
and trying for a triple.
After exploring most of the exhibits, we stopped for lunch before going to Fernbank NatureQuest exhibit. They can spend hours there, so we save it for last.
A big room with, among other things, a tree house, 
 fossil dig, things to build, an ocean exploring area, dugout canoe, 
 and a "river" on the floor where you can watch for fish and if you step on it it will ripple.
I brought my cross-stitch along. I'm glad they are old enough where I don't have to follow them around, but I need something to do, someone to talk to, or a book to read in order to want to stay as long as they want to explore!

No comments: