Sunday, September 30, 2012

Another Decade Passes

September 21st marked my 40th birthday!
As I was looking though a scrapbook a couple of months ago, I saw pictures of my 30th birthday. Robert had decorated the whole kitchen in black - balloons, streamers, the works!
I realized that if I was over the hill at 30, I was going to have a party at 40!
I had a "Sweet! I'm 40" party. I made all my favorite desserts and invited a whole bunch of friends (lots who also brought their favorite sweets) and celebrated!
 Above is the main table, but there were a couple of other smaller ones around with more goodies on them! Every ate and visited and had a great time! I loved the whole evening.
A very happy birthday for me!
 To top it off . . . the area rug I ordered came 30 minutes before the party began (because it was also a new living room welcoming party).
 Robert had also brought back some of his benches and the side table, below, from an art show that had just ended. It looks great next to the chair and with his grandpa's pot on top.
We had so much fun - a friend of mine said I should turn 40 every year! But why wait until next year, my mind is already planning our next gathering!

2 comments:

Michelle and sometimes Jason said...

I tried all night to avoid that camera, but you got me. But at least you can't see how much is on my plate. I mean, I did eat just about everything there.

Amy said...

It looks like a great party! Your room renovation looks so nice, too. Good work and happy new decade.