Sunday, February 16, 2014

Ribbon in Minecraft

All 5th graders here have to participate in 4-H. They come into the schools once a month. 
As part of that, Jake had to do a powerpoint presentation on anything he wanted. He chose Minecraft, of course, and put the whole thing together himself.
I'll be to the first to admit that there aren't many warm feelings between me and Minecraft and I echo this mom's letter to her sons.
But, when Jake then had to do a presentation for the 4-H Project Achievement competition and Minecraft fit into the "technology" category, I was glad he didn't have to come up with a whole new topic.
His 6-minute presentation on how to play Minecraft gave him a 1st place blue ribbon at the county competition!
Yesterday he competed at the district level and got 2nd place!
I guess Minecraft can be good for something. :)
Way to go Jake!

As a funny coincidence; the following was in the Sunday Comics -

No comments: