Our Southern Snowman morphed into a Minion Valentine!
I love it!
I had all the Valentine's stuff for the kids well before the storm hit this past week, so I was ready for the day to arrive.
Realizing school might be canceled and the kids (well, really just the boys who are still in elementary school) would miss their Valentine's Day parties, we made heart cookies, decorated them and passed them out to our neighbors.
Once school was canceled officially, I was glad I didn't have to wake up super early to get everything ready before the bus.
Alyssa helped me prepare the red velvet pancake mix, shape the bacon into a heart (some didn't stay in form well), and we used a metal heart cookie cutter to make heart shaped scrambled eggs.
I had gotten the girls Willow Tree figurines and Minecraft t-shirts for the boys. Everyone got a box of conversation hearts and there was a bouquet of heart shaped lollipops.
For sleeping in every other morning they had off this week, the kids were anxious to get to the table for Valentine's Day.
They loved their gifts and enjoyed their breakfast.
I put a card and box of conversation hearts in Robert's luggage so he wouldn't be left out.
We ended the day with a late night earthquake that shook Natalie and I awake. Alyssa woke, because of Natalie asking her if she "felt that," but the boys slept right through it.
The epicenter was over 90 miles away, so it was pretty crazy that we felt it at all.
What a way to end the week!
No comments:
Post a Comment