Yes, it really was a dark and, well rainy, night. Robert was taking the children to the ward Christmas Party (I was in Utah at my brother Charles' wedding) when a deer darted out and hit the car! Robert lived true to what he has always told me and just kept going (if ever a deer crosses in front of you car just keep going, don't swerve or slam on the brakes). It bounced off the front corner of the car, into the other lane and an oncoming car (we don't know what happened to that car). It did some damage to some paneling, bumper and headlight of the van.
When I got the call from Robert, I thought he was joking. Everyone was alright. Alyssa thought they had hit a big rock. Natalie thought the tire had popped. Jake, when I talked to him on the phone said "Mom, Dad killed one of Santa's reindeer!! A reindeer ran in front of the car and Dad hit it!" In the background I heard Robert correcting him and Jake said "oh, Dad said it was just a deer, not a reindeer."We are grateful no one was hurt, not even any soreness.
1 comment:
oh, this stinks! Jim did this coming home from my house (when we were dating) on Christmas Day! We always tease him that Santa is missing one of his reindeer! Looks like Robert took out another one!
Post a Comment