Last night Logan gave me my first unsolicited, spontaneous kiss. And, it was when I was putting him to bed - of all times! But, let me give you a little background to show how this warrants its own blogging post.
Logan, now 19 months old, learned how to give kisses months ago. His first spontaneous kiss was to a stuffed Uga (the UGA bulldog mascot). He picked it up, said "woof, woof" and gave it kisses. I was holding him at the time! He will often bring stuffed animal dogs to me (and others) and make kissing sounds, wanting me to give it kisses. When I told Robert about the Uga incident, he told me that Logan had given him an unsolicited kiss the day before when he took him for a ride on the tractor. Logan was so excited to be with his dad AND on the tractor, he would turn around and give him kisses (more than once)!
Well, I was a bit distraught knowing that I wasn't Logan's first or even second kiss. Since then he has given spontaneous kisses to Robert, Natalie and even Jake. He would give kisses to anyone who asked for one, except when I asked for one. I was getting a bit perturbed about the whole thing, but after last night all is right with the world. :)
Although, this morning when Robert was leaving for work Logan gave him a kiss goodbye. I asked "where's mommy's kiss?" Logan leaned in, a blank look on his face and didn't even pucker! and then gave Robert two more "real" kisses. I was not impressed. I guess I just have to hold on to the one I got last night.
1 comment:
That is so funny. Sounds like he's making a game out of NOT kissing you.
Post a Comment