
A freak tornado touched down in front of our house this morning. It took out all the pine trees, leaving the oak trees unharmed, and did not damage the house or any vehicles. If you wish to donate to the clean-up effort we are accepting checks sent to our address and/or will house and feed anyone wishing to come and help with the clean-up effort in person. We will provide yellow t-shirts to all volunteers.
Please disregard the clean cut trunks of the fallen trees and how they fell with only a flat stump left level to the ground . . . remember it was a "freak" tornado!We named the tornado "Robsey" after Robert and Casey, the two responsible persons for the mass of fallen trees. The trees all fell, mostly, were planned and there was no damage to the house, vehicles or the power lines across the street (the biggest tree was a little off target and got mighty close as is fell across the road instead of staying in the yard).
After an exhausting morning, for Robert and Casey (my exhausting days will come this next week as the clean up effort begins - Robert cuts them down and I take care of the rest) we have one less yard project. We also found out it was a burn day, got a permit and spent the early afternoon burning our tree cuttings from the back yard as well. We had a gorgeous day! and took advantage of it.
2 comments:
Is it so sad that when you said you had a freak tornado that I believed you???? It wasn't until I read your last paragraph that I was like, "Oh!!...." Your house and lot is so beautiful! I have a close friend in Texas who is trying to get Lee and I to visit but I said, "Sorry, I have to visit my brother in Georgia first!"
It looked so much like a real tornado's foot print, I thought it was real, too! While my brain was trying to compute, I finally figured it out...is it April 1st already ;) Glad everything worked out ok!!!
Love ya,
Cousin Annemarie
Post a Comment