Sure it would be great if the "5K" meant $5,000 - but it was her first race and just as exciting.
The middle school does a 5K race and 1 mile fun run in the spring and Alyssa wanted to run in the 5K.
It was an early morning (my alarm didn't go off, so I'm glad we got her there in time!) and she was excited and anxious. After signing in and getting her t-shirt, she joined the others.
Ready . . .
The middle school does a 5K race and 1 mile fun run in the spring and Alyssa wanted to run in the 5K.
It was an early morning (my alarm didn't go off, so I'm glad we got her there in time!) and she was excited and anxious. After signing in and getting her t-shirt, she joined the others.
Ready . . .
Done!She ran so hard that she ended her race by throwing up after finishing. Good thing she didn't have time for breakfast.
Her age group was 11-14 year olds, so she was one of the young ones. For not training - she did great with a 30:34.3 time. That gave her 13th place out of 33 for her age group and 98th out of the 233 total runners.
She came home, slept, went to 1 1/2 hours of soccer practice and has had sore legs since!
She can't wait for the next race!
Way to go Alyssa!



3 comments:
Wow...great job Alyssa, and kudos to her for keeping her glasses on the whole time!!
I think if I was a betting man, I would take Alyssa in a 5K race against her old man! JOEL
GO ALYSSA!!!! What an inspiration! I miss you guys!
Post a Comment