Every quarter at the elementary school they give out awards to students for creativity, citizenship, reading, music, art, PE, etc. Some awards one per class, some one per grade. Natalie got one of the highest awards - the Principal's Award - "excellence in all subject areas." We were out of town the day the awards were given out - and it would have been great to get hers with everyone else, but it was still as exciting when she brought it back the next Monday.The first YAY! Natalie!
Yesterday soccer games began. It was a beautiful evening. Natalie and Jake have their weekday soccer practices and games at the same time, but different field - even different field complexes. So, Robert and I divided and conquered. Since I took the camera, pictures of Jake playing will have to wait until I'm at his game.
Natalie's team did great. This is the first season they are doing all-girls teams (all-boys teams play each other as well - obviously, but I thought I'd put that in there). She has a wonderful coach that works great with energetic 6-8 year old girls.
In the pre-game picture below, Natalie is the fourth in from the right.
I must say I was impressed I got this shot, even though it isn't the clearest - timed to see the ball going into the goal and her celebrating. I'm impressed because I was holding a squirming Logan on my lap and being zoomed in that much on my camera means I need to hold pretty steady.The second YAY! Natalie!
Her goal got the team on a scoring drive and they made 2 more goal in 5 min. to move ahead 3-2. Her team ended up tying 3-3, with the other team making the tying shot right as the whistle blew for the end of the game. It did make it a nail biter!
The final score of Jake's game is in question, they don't officially keep score for that age group and scores can go into double digits with no goalie and small field. Jake did, however, make THREE goals of his own.

3 comments:
Yay Natalie! & I must say that the celebrating picture did turn out really well and was timed perfectly especially under the given circumstances:)
Yea to Natalie! You got some great shots! by the way from a 3rd grade teacher to an amazing AP Chem teacher, but you spelled principal, principle. I love you!!!
Thanks Amy, noted and edited - and it was on the award, in the picture, right in front of me. Was it just that one spot?
Post a Comment