Tomorrow (actually within 12 hours of writing this post) Logan is getting tubes in his ears - due to a recent and frequent history of monthly ear infections unrelated to having a cold. Today we went to do all the pre-op stuff.
As the nurse was going through the list of questions she asked if I was unemployed. I said I'm an at home mother. She marked "unemployed"!
I was a bit taken back and laughed at the thought of that label in relation to all I do as an at home mother! I've never thought of myself as "unemployed."
So, now I'm wondering - can I seek "unemployment" benefits?! :)
5 comments:
That's hilarious! In all the years of dr. appointments & surgery's I've never been asked that question.
Seriously? That's almost hysterical but also degrading! Ouch. I can feel the sting here all across the miles! Yep, go for it. Go get unemployment benefits! Sorry to hear your little one has to have tubes in his ears. We went through 3 sets with Laura! good luck! *Jeni*
Now that you are "officially" unemployed, I suggest that you give up some of your jobs. And take a vacation. Good luck with that!
There are definitely days that the job of staying home is way harder than being unemployed. I must admit that no one has ever phrased the question that way to me. And, Matt had to get tubes also and they made a huge difference. I hope the same goes for your little guy.
That's a great idea...Unemployment for MOTHER's! Let's get paid for the 'millions' of hours worked EVERYDAY! Honestly, the Government CAN'T afford ME!!
Post a Comment