Sunday, January 3, 2010

The Blessing Dress

When I was pregnant with Alyssa, my grandmother gave me a dress my mother wore when she was a baby. I loved it immediately. It is light and delicate with tiny (really tiny) buttons in the back.
We used the dress for Alyssa's blessing dress (below on left) and later Natalie's blessing dress (on right).













I always wanted to put the dress in a shadow box and hang it on the girls' wall. I finally found a shadow box about a year ago, and yesterday finally put it up on their wall.
The little note above the dress is a hand written note by my grandmother telling me about the dress. Getting a copy of my mom wearing the dress would make it complete.




1 comment:

Stacey said...

what a beautiful dress. Thanks for the Birthday card. You never forget. It always means so much to me that you remember my birthday every year for the last decade.