Our week since Christmas has been a quiet and fun one. My early raisers have risen later and later. The kids have, for the majority of the time, played really well together.
I came into this vacation time - knowing we weren't going anywhere - wondering if I'd have to entertain and plan little excursions to keep my kids occupied. I didn't need to do anything. They have had fun being at home and with each other and haven't even said they were bored or "what are we going to do?" Even when the girls fishing trip with Robert was cut short, when Natalie got sick on the drive to the lake, there was disappointment but not a lot of complaining, just looking forward to when they could reschedule.
It has been a great two weeks with the kids. I've loved having them at home. I've loved sleeping in. Tuesday will be a tough morning - but, if Logan behaves and stays asleep, maybe I can go back to bed after the kids are off to school.
In Atlanta they have the Peach Drop to ring in the New Year.
We had other plans. For New Year's Eve, Alyssa went to a church youth activity. The rest of us went to have dinner and celebrate the birthday of a good friend. Natalie, Jake, and Logan did great playing in the game room and watching movies - coming out for dinner and birthday cake. The other guests commented on how wonderfully behaved they were and how well they took care of each other.
We got home about 10pm. Natalie wanted to stay up until midnight, but instead Robert showed her a montage of 2010 celebrations around that world that had already happened and we sent her to bed. We were all in bed by 11pm. Robert said it was the first time he hadn't stayed up on New Year's Eve since he was 12 - I've missed a few.
Alyssa was the only one awake to watch it.
I took down my 2009 calendar. I like putting up a new calendar, it only has birthdays in it and is clear of the busyness our life becomes. It will too soon fill up with appointments and activities and the happy times as life continues.
Happy New Year!
I came into this vacation time - knowing we weren't going anywhere - wondering if I'd have to entertain and plan little excursions to keep my kids occupied. I didn't need to do anything. They have had fun being at home and with each other and haven't even said they were bored or "what are we going to do?" Even when the girls fishing trip with Robert was cut short, when Natalie got sick on the drive to the lake, there was disappointment but not a lot of complaining, just looking forward to when they could reschedule.
It has been a great two weeks with the kids. I've loved having them at home. I've loved sleeping in. Tuesday will be a tough morning - but, if Logan behaves and stays asleep, maybe I can go back to bed after the kids are off to school.
In Atlanta they have the Peach Drop to ring in the New Year.
We had other plans. For New Year's Eve, Alyssa went to a church youth activity. The rest of us went to have dinner and celebrate the birthday of a good friend. Natalie, Jake, and Logan did great playing in the game room and watching movies - coming out for dinner and birthday cake. The other guests commented on how wonderfully behaved they were and how well they took care of each other.We got home about 10pm. Natalie wanted to stay up until midnight, but instead Robert showed her a montage of 2010 celebrations around that world that had already happened and we sent her to bed. We were all in bed by 11pm. Robert said it was the first time he hadn't stayed up on New Year's Eve since he was 12 - I've missed a few.
Alyssa was the only one awake to watch it.
I took down my 2009 calendar. I like putting up a new calendar, it only has birthdays in it and is clear of the busyness our life becomes. It will too soon fill up with appointments and activities and the happy times as life continues.
Happy New Year!
No comments:
Post a Comment