Wednesday, January 13, 2010

The Toothless Wonder

When he left for school Tuesday morning, Jake's tooth was only loose. When I got to school that afternoon - for an awards reception - Jake could push his tooth around with his tongue.
During the handing out of the awards, I kept waiting for him to say it came out.
He could push it straight out.The tooth stayed in until he got home and I pulled it out. He didn't feel a thing - it was really barely hanging on.
This was Jake's first tooth to fall out. He told me that his friend got $20 when his tooth fell out. I told him that just like parents make their own deals with Santa Claus, they make their own deals with the tooth fairy. Our deal: $1 per tooth.
So his "toothless."
He is a "wonder" at reading.
He received an award for excellent reading and is following his sisters in reading above grade level. Logan was so excited and loved clapping for all the students who received awards.
Way to go Jake!

No comments: