Friday, September 24, 2010

Another Year Older

This past week marked the end of another summer and my birthday.
The last day of summer was pretty busy for us, so we celebrated my birthday on the first day of autumn.
I got cards in the mail (I love that!), books from friends, flowers from my parents, and a couple of other gifts to be opened after blowing out the candles.I made a Junior Mint Ice Cream Pie for my birthday. It was yummy. I had help blowing out my candles and opening my presents.
Logan was shaking with excitement as soon as a corner of the wrapping paper was opened enough to look inside.
I got the Lego game 'Robo Champ'!
(I'll use it as reward time when I work with Logan on his speech)It's kind of like the "Cooties" game where you roll the dice and get different parts of your bug to put together. In this game you roll the 'dice' to pick or trade different robot parts and you win once you have all your robot parts and the trophy.
We played a bunch of rounds after all the gifts were opened.
The boys love it!
(that's Natalie's had sticking into the picture with the other robot)
My big present was a weekend trip to NYC, in just a few weeks, to go to my 20th high school reunion!
(you've gotta love frequent flier miles - Robert hasn't been doing all that traveling for nothing)
I can't wait to go back and visit and am excited that I get to stay with my sister-in-law and her family that recently moved to Conn.
Since my family moved to MO after I graduated from HS (literally - I put my diploma in a box and the moving van pulled out), it's been a long time since I've been back (just a short trip with my parents for a weekend when I was a sophomore in college - belated HS graduation gift).
I feel like a small town girl, living here in GA - but Robert will quickly remind me that I grew up in the Village of Scarsdale.

I had a great birthday!

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Happy Birthday Roslyn! Sounds like you had a wondeful day. I can't wait to hear about your High School reunion. We need to chat again and catch up.