I had never really liked the color in our front room, but it worked.
I especially didn't like the boarder around the top - I really needed to get rid of that.
It is suppose to be a formal dining room, but we would never utilize the space that way.
I love that my mom lent me her tapestry and I loved my find with the couches, but WAY too much red.
So, I started looking at color chips and set a deadline for the project of painting the room by Thanksgiving.
After many paint chips and asking many people's opinion, I narrowed it down to three and got sample jars of each to test on the wall (forgot to take a picture of that - I was anxious to move on).
I taped,
and primed.
When Logan found out we were painting it blue (his favorite color) he would tell me every day - "Paint it blue, mom!" The process was a bit too long for him.
We finally got the paint and had it all primed and taped and I was set to paint the next day. Logan woke up and went into the front room and said, "mom, it's not blue yet!"
I spent the day painting and Logan entertained himself with Legos, movies, and computer games. He loved it when he walked into the room and finally saw BLUE!
I love how the color lightens up the room (I like light rooms), and brings out the tapestry colors, especially the pinks and yellows! You can't tell in the picture, but the couch has little diamonds of that same blue color too.
Now I just need to choose and place a few more accessories.
As the day passes the color lightens and darkens a bit - I love all the shades.
I especially didn't like the boarder around the top - I really needed to get rid of that.
It is suppose to be a formal dining room, but we would never utilize the space that way.I love that my mom lent me her tapestry and I loved my find with the couches, but WAY too much red.
So, I started looking at color chips and set a deadline for the project of painting the room by Thanksgiving.After many paint chips and asking many people's opinion, I narrowed it down to three and got sample jars of each to test on the wall (forgot to take a picture of that - I was anxious to move on).
I taped,
and primed.When Logan found out we were painting it blue (his favorite color) he would tell me every day - "Paint it blue, mom!" The process was a bit too long for him.
We finally got the paint and had it all primed and taped and I was set to paint the next day. Logan woke up and went into the front room and said, "mom, it's not blue yet!"
I spent the day painting and Logan entertained himself with Legos, movies, and computer games. He loved it when he walked into the room and finally saw BLUE!
I love how the color lightens up the room (I like light rooms), and brings out the tapestry colors, especially the pinks and yellows! You can't tell in the picture, but the couch has little diamonds of that same blue color too.
Now I just need to choose and place a few more accessories.As the day passes the color lightens and darkens a bit - I love all the shades.
4 comments:
Looks great, good job!
Cool color. Love the crown molding too.
WOW this looks awesome!!! & somewhere under all that are eraser marks from Avery's penciling on the wall...
roslyn....I love it!! Can't wait to see it in person!!
Post a Comment