Wednesday, April 27, 2011

A Quick Trip

Last Wednesday I got my cousin's wedding announcement in the mail. He lives in UT and I was excited he was getting married. As I glanced down the announcement I saw that they were getting married in Columbia, SC!! Close enough to go!
I called my sister to get his sister's phone number to see if I could invite myself to the wedding. They were thrilled I could make it. I did a bit of arranging to get Alyssa to her choir practice in Atlanta (that was already arranged, I just had to see if I could drop her off at her ride's house early and if they could drop her off at home after). Robert had already planned on taking the boys fishing, so I told Natalie she could go to soccer or come with me. She chose to come with me.Neither of us had been to the SC temple, so it was neat being there.
We drove through a very gray and foggy morning, but by the time the sealing was over, the sun was out and it was beautiful! (my aunt and uncle and cousin, the groom)
Between the weeding and reception we went to the hotel where my aunt, uncle and two cousins (sisters of the groom) were staying and chatted. It was so fun to see them and catch up. It's been 4 years since I had seen them!
I'm so glad my cousin married a southern girl so I could get a chance to go to the wedding!
Congratulations, Kurt and Emily!

No comments: